Urraco Engine Rebuild starts again
I’ve now discovered that the gap between the pistons and the liners was between 7 and 10 thousanths of an inch. This is much too large and probably explains the compression issue on cylinder 6. I dont know if the others are the same but I have decided to replace all the pistons and liners. They come from Lamborghini with the rings and new gudgeon pins all in place and matched to the liners. The gudgeon pins will have to have no bearings made for them as these are no longer available from the factory. I will also be taking the crank out and having it inspected. I think the big ends and the main bearings are fine but its worth checking at this stage. If the crank needs regrinding there are over size shells available from Lamborghini or they can be made. I am also coinciding having my local engine rebuilders put at least the bottom end of the engine back together and maybe the pistons and heads assembled by them. This work needs doing in very clean conditions to make sure no wear and tear is caused by a stray piece of rubbish or dust. I will keep the blog up to date and if anyone wants specific pictures just ask by replying to this blog or by contacting me on the Lamborghini-talk website.